Thursday, April 2, 2015

Midwest Preservation Bargains: Italianate, Galion Ohio

We don't normally have "by owner' homes on here but this one rises to the super bargain level and I thought we would feature it. A special thanks to John S who found this one and brought it to my attention.

Yes this Classic Italianate is a little rough around this edges but is Bargain priced at 11,500, and I can not think of when I've seen this much house in a preservation friendly town at this price.

This house has great woodwork and I especially love the arched pocket doors in this house. This house will need some work to undo the double conversion and I would recommend removing some of the rear additions done over the years but I am amazed at the completeness of this house and the rather unique raised cupola which is somewhat unique in Galion architecture

More information here: 133 South Riblet

No comments:

Post a Comment